Author Topic: Walkthrough  (Read 18909 times)

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
Re: Walkthrough
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2016, 06:53:23 AM »
Cool to see some textures even if they aren't HD yet :) beats the generic UDK one, textures taken from original R6 or Raven Shield? just recalled RS had a remake, was going to run around it earlier to see but my game wasn't booting! :(

Nice to see Cover Points seem simple to use and seem to be working, should help prevent Tangos crowding in one area like we saw earlier on.

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2016, 08:53:10 AM »
:O Man, I'm just a knuckle head, I though I sent the level files :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/Tactical%20Ape/TD06_mission.umap
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/Tactical%20Ape/TD06_mission_TangoHunt.umap

I would really like to have your opinion on level proportions, possible level mesh flaws, and fun in general :)

I took the textures from the original R6, never heard of anything like a R6 remake :O :O :O :O can you tell me more about it?

Yes! the cover points seem very easy to use, I'll add a lot more today to see how they behave (according that HQ has 400+ cover points right?)

(By the way email notifications have stoped working :( they went to my spam folder despite I marked them as 'not spam'. Didn't receive a notification for your last reply)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:55:16 AM by carlosflorez87 »
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2016, 02:29:58 PM »
Had a quick run through and noticed a few flaws with collision.

Right Side entrance noticed the floor texture was off and if you look down the end of the hall you can see the wall collision is taking up some of the space for the door which I got stuck on.

You added the front entrance back in but can't enter though it, also the stairs are gone?

3rd floor has various issues with collision, first room on the left? as you come up the stairs seems to have collisions for a wall + door but it isn't there?

First two rooms on the right can't be entered through those door holes but can else where

Hallway between the previous 2 rooms has a collision sticking into the hallway.

Can't even recall this next room just know its on the 3rd floor and again a random collision.

Hope that helped, sure I wasn't descriptive enough about the location of each room :P can run around the map in-game with "SHOW COLLISION" toggled via the console.

Raven Shield: Athena Sword has a remake of Embassy http://tacticalape.ninjasfate.com/ravenshield-athenasword/map/embassy

Yup, HQ is using 400+ cover points so must be important :P

I'll try look into the email thing when I have a moment, not sure why it stopped sending, hadn't noticed since even when I unflag the email as spam it keeps turning up in spam! also need to fix that.

Maybe the thread is no longer set to notify? just noticed mine no longer says "unnotify" seems to have unset itself, just hit notify again so we shall see.

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2016, 08:16:02 PM »
Got my Raven Shield working, quick screenshot of the main entrance.

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2016, 05:39:12 PM »
 :o Wow! that's a nice remake!  :o I've never played it! gotta give it a try!

Thanks for your quick run! :) that really helps, I'm fixing them right now on 3ds Max, don't worry about not being descriptive, I have over worked  this f**** map that I can recall every inch :P :P :P (sorry, 'not f**** map' :) just 'map')

What do you thing about it's size? is It still too big? I made it with the original RS blueprints, but since the player movement in R6 is way faster than TAKEDOWN's I reduced the size to an 80%, I still have the sensation of being a little big, but I kinda want to have some space for props and details, what do you think?

How was your loading time? was it like other levels? in my case was much longer.... I think I'm doing something wrong with modular level creation, gotta google around. But since I organized the mesh, It would be easy to fix :)

About the e-mail notifications, I did receive for the previous one (about the collision) but didn't received for the embassy screenshots  :-\ ...

And thanks for the 'SHOW COLLISION' command!  ;D didn't know about that! I'll fix the mesh in aprox. half an hour and then will be adding Editor props and cover points! Now knowing that there is another Embassy remake, must work harder to get it better than Raven Shield's  >:(

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:45:09 PM by carlosflorez87 »
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
Had to tell about the size, might feel a little big but might not be an issue once filled out with props, as for the loading time I wouldn't worry about, initial run of the map takes awhile to load due to building the shader cache for the materials, just booting it up again I was in within seconds.

I think the notifications will only go off for the first post you haven't seen.

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2016, 08:48:46 PM »
Didn't receive notification this time neither, maybe because I had the forum open in my browser?
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2016, 09:32:33 PM »
Hmm, shouldn't be that, I have the forum open in my browser all the time and got an email.

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2016, 09:45:57 PM »
Now I did receive a notification this time and on my inbox, not on my spam folder!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:51:04 PM by carlosflorez87 »
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2016, 10:26:03 PM »
and that time I got nothing, hmm, nothing in the forums software error log is it telling me it failed to send or anything.

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2016, 10:37:36 PM »
Mine is working fine now.... :o the last 3 post, 3 notifications.
CFFT

anything