Author Topic: Walkthrough  (Read 19090 times)

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
Re: Walkthrough
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 02:40:29 AM »
Awesome! had a quick go didn't last long :) didn't notice any of the Tangos Move though, Hmm... My test map was not an amazing test but if I hid behind the Static Mesh they would come get me, didn't seem to do so in your map.

Man... The AI range is crazy! was getting shot from the other side of the map! while I was at spawn! I know people in the Steam forums had messed with the "DefaultAI.ini" maybe can reduce how far they can see.

Glad the Tango Hunt Tutorial worked out :) might take a look at Bomb Disarm next, getting a fully functioning Mission mode seems tough looking at the HQ Kismet for it, I'm not that familiar with Kismet as is, just making it up as I go along.

Nice to see a remake of old school maps, we wanted to work on bringing some SWAT 3 maps to Takedown, I might still have one mostly blocked out but might be too small for Takedown, we shall see... may try finish it up.

I do not work in the Video Game Industry, just too much time on my hands my tinker :P

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 05:23:01 AM »
Messing with a new build of TATDMM.

"Prepare Takedown" will edit the required files so loading Custom Meshes/Textures should work.
"Prepare Editor" will edit the required file that allows for cooking along with replacing the profile in UFE with the correct setup.

About the only thing I can't make it do is make Takedown launch with "-SEEKFREEPACKAGEMAP" since its something you need to do via Steam Properties.

Slowly driving me crazy, the build of TATDMM I found had a few issues from version 1.0 which I had fixed, having not worked with the code for awhile its a pain to fix again... will have to sleep on it and with any luck fix it up tomorrow :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:19:04 AM by DarkSynopsis »

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 09:05:14 AM »
Now that you mention it, I didn't realize that AI was not searching properly, although I managed to enter the house and they did move and came through the door frames firing quite damn sharp. I'll check out after work, maybe bad pylon config or generating trouble with imported meshes, although no error given except the missing UV light information on meshes.

About difficulty, I've messed with "DefaultAI.ini" but I kinda like that extreme range (I ilke to think that If the player can see and shoot from crazy distance, AI should too). :D :D - By the way, an enemy is always spawning in the other Insertion Point of selected. (If I choose InsertionA an enemy appears on InsertionB and viceversa :/ ) is this the normal behaviour?

Man, that new version on TATDMM is just great! Essential tool to distribute along custom contents! :)

As a quick question, would it be too hard to figure out how to change the image Map Img of the custom level?, (the ones showwed up on the Menu) and both insertion points imgs too???! that would polish even more custom levels.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:25:32 PM by carlosflorez87 »
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 01:52:07 PM »
Hmm, maybe the AI just sometimes decide to be more defensive and not move, I ran "SHOW PATHS" I believe it was in the console and looked like the pylon was generating fine.

As for enemies spawning on Insertion points, I've no clue, don't believe I've seen it happen before but could have easily missed it, got at least 30 TDTeamPlayerStart? might decide if there is not enough points it will take an insertion.

Have you got 6 points for A and 6 for B? forgot to mention this in the past since was just trying to run a simple test map but you will need 6 per point when it comes to Multiplayer/Mission Mode with AI or everyone would spawn on top of each other :P

Think I've got TATDMM mostly fixed up at this point, do a bit more testing today and then I've just got to work out how I made the installer for it...

As for custom map images I've no clue, not done it before and not sure how we would, unless the game can grab a material from the .umap file.

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2016, 02:11:10 PM »
Having a quick look at the menu images I've found the Killhouse one seems to be "MapSelectImg_Other" yet within our .ini we are using MapImgID="killHouse" and I've no clue how those two are getting connected.

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »
I was checking on game level images too... hmmm would like to know where the game has these images stored to make the change according the level (if it's inside a .upk we should add the new texture, wrap it up and replace it right?). I did a little experiments but with no luck. I would say that as the same with levels, the menu has a 'Cooked' version and the Level Editor can't modify it. Well, It's  just a thought , not my forté.  :-\

About my map, I have 62 TDTeamPlayerStart and I've added 5 additional PlayerStarts points to Insertion A and B, but it's not good because an enemy keeps spawining by my side (in any of the 5 other PlayerStarts) and shoots me as soon as map loads, so I removed them to test other things. Could this be a reason for not adding AI Teammates in Tango Hunt?

:o (Quick question: I wanted to add extra TDTeamPlayerStarts to 'MAPNAME_TangoHunt' Level but couldn't find a way to add them the actors directly on the Level where all actors are placed too, instead they appeared on the 'Persistent Level' and couldn't figure out how to move them to an existing level, not 'creating a new level with selected' as we did before). 

:( I'm worried abouy my static tangos.... I'm sure I saw them move (I posted one screenshot of a dead guy just outside the doo) and kinda hide an seek as in real game (when near or inside the house) but if play with sniper rifle and see the behaviour through the scope, it's just evident they're not moving a bit!!! :(

The first time added like 6 pylons through the level, intersecting each other a little bit, and later I replaced them all with a bigger center pylon. Wich is the best way to set pylons?

I'm adding 2 .rar files one has the 'Cooked' files and the other the 'Uncooked' files (for both levels) Would you please check them on the editor and in-game to see what is happening?  :-[

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/Tactical%20Ape/Cooked.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/Tactical%20Ape/Uncooked.rar

;D
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2016, 07:14:58 PM »
Well I at least found out that the _Other MapImg even though is KillHouse is just like the default image, they are found within the FrontEndMenus package, I've not tried to insert an image there and repack that itself since that means every custom map would have to overwrite that file :(

AI Teammates is not a thing in Tango Hunt anyway, I don't know if there is a way for us to get them in.

Hmm, not tried adding more points to _TangoHunt one way maybe is place them in the default map, select the new ones you want to bring over and export them as a .t3d then remove from map, open up _TangoHunt and import that .t3d.

Hell, I think even just Cutting them and Pasting them into the _TangoHunt will keep them in the current place, on that note I've noticed in the maps that come with the game the Insertion A and B PlayerStarts are kept within each game mode so they would go into _TangoHunt and not the Persistant Level, though when I was testing Multiplayer I thought I tried that and it wouldn't let anyone spawn since it said PlayerStarts where missing.

As for the Pylons I feel like the back of my memory it was best to use multiple but with the testing from the last few days I've only been using 1, might be something to look into.

I'll grab the map and toy around and see if I can find anything out :)

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2016, 07:38:34 PM »
:) Nice! I found the FrontEndMenus .upk on the Editor! I didn't replaced any of the other images, instead imported a new one called  "MapSelectImg_embassy" and saved the package. Thought that just adding "_embassy" on our .ini file would do the trick but didn't work :P

I would think it's because the package that is inside the editor is different than the one the game uses right? Inside this FrontEndMenus pack, from the editor I couldn't find the images for the new maps like HQ_night, or Hull for example. I was thinking to make the same thing: adding a new texture file where all map images are stored, not replacing any, and then maybe adress to it via the .ini file, but don't know if that's even possible or at least a clue on how to do it. :/

Thanks for checking out my map! Hope you find what's keeping my tangos lazy! :)
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 08:00:23 PM »
I'm not sure how the new maps ended up adding images to the game, since it was just an update to the game I imagine the devs added them to the FrontEndMenus, maybe? and the one we have in the Editor is just outdated since the editor never got updated.

Just might not be possible to add our own images even though it would be nice, I'm sure I'll play around with it a bit more though.

As for your map, since I don't have your R06.upk package I can't see any of the Static Meshes, just a ground plane :P I did however look at the Pylon and "Use Recast" isn't ticked, might want to try that and give the Tangos another test.

As for your Tangos spawning on one of the Insertion points I don't see it? so if I spawn at A an enemy will spawn at B? if that is the case I just ran the map 5 times and not once was a Tango at B.

Oh... so the Tango spawning on insertion is only when you have more then 1 PlayerStart setup? I'd need a cooked and uncooked version of that to see the issue and check the entities, not had that problem on my end.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:16:30 PM by DarkSynopsis »

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 09:54:21 PM »
Right! the .upk!! Sorry, I swear I said to myself: "Don't forget to send the .upk...."  ;D ;D ;D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/Tactical%20Ape/R6_M01.upk

I see your point about the FrontEndMenus, and the updated version we have in the Editor... hmm well I'm sure something will come up sooner or later! Like everything has going on so far!  :) ;)

I'll immediately check de "Use Recast". I'm now remembering forgetting to check it back then... I'll let you know how it went in a few minutes.

That's correct, the tango by my side on the spawnning point occurs only when I add the total 6 PlayerStart setup for a correct behaviour un multiplayer. If I put only one PlayerStart on Insertion A, it's ok. But if I add another PlayerStart, anywhere, with 'InsertionB' set, a Tango surely will appear con this second PlayerStart and viceversa (happened all times, I finally had to move the where no direct visual was possible so map didn't start with somebody actually shooting, going to check it again) , hope made myself clear  :o

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:56:49 PM by carlosflorez87 »
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »
I think the Recast fixed it, just applied it and saw some Tangos moving around though some still didn't seem to want to purse me and they like bunching up in that middle room :P even before I got in there.

Also placed down the extra PlayerStarts and I'm not seeing any Tangos spawn at them.

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2016, 10:22:54 PM »
LOL! that's right, they' pretty 'close' and like to hang near each other! Right! Ray cast helped!  and now I'm not getting tangos beside me neither :)

I'm still not happy with AI but we're getting closer right? Do you know if there are more ways to modify the AI behaviour inside the Editor apart from paths? for example, marking some static meshes to use them as cover or something? or by changing TDTeamPlayerStart settings? :o

I'm going to check the .ini to tweak the AI to see what kind of improvements can we make there...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:26:03 PM by carlosflorez87 »
CFFT

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2016, 01:00:35 AM »
I've no clue on any AI Tweaks within the editor, never messed with it in the past, I think them building up is due to the weapon sounds, I had a similar problem when I was toying with the game Insurgency.

I feel like the Tangos are just more spread out in the default Takedown maps that you don't notice AS much that they have super hearing, could be wrong, might have to go back into the HQ map in the editor and see if I notice anything that could help with the AI.

Maybe sound will get more blocked once the map is more fleshed out with Static Meshes, Doors and such.

DarkSynopsis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ninja's Fate
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2016, 09:56:36 PM »
Having a quick look at HQ again it looks like they have "CoverLink" nodes placed around the map, I imagine this is to let Tangos know they would be safe at those locations, not tried setting any up in the past so no idea how they work, might be worth throwing some in your map to see if it feels any different.

As you can see each Red Box is where an enemy might take cover, or at least that is what I assume is going on, HQ seems to have 444 alone!

Looks like they have a fair amount of properties to toy with.

Seems each "slot" represents one of the red boxes in the world so in the case of the one above its one entity with 2 cover points then it goes as far what they would do at those points like Leaning Left, is it standing or crouch cover etc.

Under the Navigation Point section they also seem to have Destination Only ticked.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:26:25 PM by DarkSynopsis »

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2016, 02:49:03 AM »
Man that's awesome!!! :D And just in time I think! I'm almost finished rough blocking my level (I think is 85% done). Actually took more time than I thought :O but well, here it is :) It's not much, but took me quite amount of time! :P

I've also better placed the Tangos! (not just thrown a bunch in a room like previous version) hope you like this new layout! but I'm still having issues with Tangos spawnning beside me when I place 6 PlayerStarts. :( :(

This are the 'bad' files, 'Cooked' & 'UnCooked' also sent de .upk :) maybe you can help me solve the mistery.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/R6_M01.upk
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/SpawningTango.rar

I got rid of the 5 additional 'PlayerStart' per InsertionPoint and got rid of that spawining betraying killing tango... Also there are spawning some dead tangos too inside the house , like if they were killing each other :/

Apart from those 2 bugs everything is going smooth. I'm going to test the new cover points!! :D I'll try it on door frames and maybe some editor assets toon future props I will be adding! Man, I think we eventually will be capable of creating TAKEDOWN II! :D :D

Thanks again man! If you don't work at videogame industry, maybe you do work as a teacher? you have a very nice way of explaining things and nice attitude towards teaching :)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:59:30 AM by carlosflorez87 »
CFFT

anything