Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Takedown Red Sabre Modding / Mapping / Re: Walkthrough
« Last post by DarkSynopsis on February 18, 2016, 02:40:29 AM »
Awesome! had a quick go didn't last long :) didn't notice any of the Tangos Move though, Hmm... My test map was not an amazing test but if I hid behind the Static Mesh they would come get me, didn't seem to do so in your map.

Man... The AI range is crazy! was getting shot from the other side of the map! while I was at spawn! I know people in the Steam forums had messed with the "DefaultAI.ini" maybe can reduce how far they can see.

Glad the Tango Hunt Tutorial worked out :) might take a look at Bomb Disarm next, getting a fully functioning Mission mode seems tough looking at the HQ Kismet for it, I'm not that familiar with Kismet as is, just making it up as I go along.

Nice to see a remake of old school maps, we wanted to work on bringing some SWAT 3 maps to Takedown, I might still have one mostly blocked out but might be too small for Takedown, we shall see... may try finish it up.

I do not work in the Video Game Industry, just too much time on my hands my tinker :P
« Last post by carlosflorez87 on February 18, 2016, 02:09:17 AM »
I've just finished blocking out my level, everything was done in 3DS Max, and imported into Level Editor, no BSP used, I wanted  to try the workflow between both programs (I'm getting used to Level Editor, just crashed a couple of times, but I can actually enter and exit play mode in viewport without crashing).  I wanted so bad to try Tango Hunt mode!!! this is how it went:

Everything went fine as usual! That Tango Hunt tutorial rocks! super easy to follow :) :) :) :) I just can't stop thanking you! A week ago I was so much interested on creating maps for this great game but didn't know where to start.... Now I can create any map I want, and play it on Tango Hunt (wich happends to be my favorite gametype) and on top of all, you just solved the Multiplayer mysterious issue!! :D :D :D Congratulations man, really! My total respects! you're a pro modder! do you work at videogame industry??

I'm also adding links to both files of my map :) If you want to try them!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/Tactical%20Ape/TD06_mission.umap
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28069679/Tactical%20Ape/TD06_mission_TangoHunt.umap

I'm just glad to have found this forum, TacticalApe f*cking Rocks!!!!! :D :D :D

I'll be posting more screenshots and as usually a lot of questions and a couple of walkthrough requests! :)

« Last post by carlosflorez87 on February 17, 2016, 09:54:13 PM »
 :o :o :o :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D  :D :D :D :D Man! This is just too much!!! I'm glad that what started as an exploration excercise just evolved in the best  and most complete guide on the web about TAKEDOWN Modding :) You're the boss  8) I really think we should wrap this up in a nice PDF and pass the voice over to 505 Games maybe, to show them what TacticalApe has achieved.

I haven't had much time this day  :'( been busy at work and some other errands, but hell, the night is still young and I have to test EVERYTHING on this post! as soon as I have a decent scenario to try them on!

Thanks again for sharing all your knowledge with the best vibe all time (Y)
« Last post by DarkSynopsis on February 17, 2016, 08:37:58 PM »
After countless hours of changing various lines in .ini files to trying some console commands I thought to myself, I haven't tried any command lines that execute when the game starts, messed with a few of those and ended up using "-SEEKFREEPACKAGEMAP"

I GIVE YOU MULTIPLAYER!

1. Right Click Takedown in Steam and hit Properties
2. Click Set Launch Options.
3. Add "-SEEKFREEPACKAGEMAP"

4. Hit OK.
5. Multiplayer should now work on custom maps ;)

I should most likely have tested to make sure default maps still worked... imagine they do and the command line is easy enough to remove anyway.

:'( :'( :'( its beautiful...

I'm sure none of what I'm doing is the correct way but I won't argue if it works :)
« Last post by DarkSynopsis on February 17, 2016, 03:17:13 PM »
Found "AllowDownloads=True" and set it to False which resulted in the following.

I had started to come to the conclusion the way we are cooking the map is wrong, the custom models/textures are being packed into the .umap file it seems where as they should be a in a separate .upk that we also bring over from Editor to Retail which could have been what was leading to the game trying to "redownload" a package the game should already have, we might be repacking the assets from Takedown into our .umap.

I've slowly started to believe that is not the problem though since even with removing any Takedown Material/Model and just leaving in my custom ones it stills give me a failed to download message so its not the original TD Assets conflicting with the ones inside the .umap assuming they are being packed in.

I think we might need a new cooking process? unsure or a hacky way in which we disable the client/server trying to see if files match up, no idea if Unreal Engine 3 has the ability to disable something like that or where to find it.

My files aren't mismatching anyway so don't see why its causing hassle.

Most I can find is an Unreal Engine 4 Console Command "net.IgnorePackageMismatch=1" unfortunately I'm not finding anything similar for UE3/UDK :(
« Last post by DarkSynopsis on February 17, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »
Booted up a second machine, also had to do the whole change "bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile" to False so unless you are running a single core I'm baffled why you didn't have to toy with anything.

Onto Multiplayer, the map didn't work, comes up with a failed to download package error which is odd since its trying to get a base game package that I haven't touched, unless I can find an ini tweak that would let it join without trying to download we might be out of luck :(

On the + side as long as the Lobby isn't set to the Custom Map I can join it, so Multiplayer isn't completely broken.
« Last post by carlosflorez87 on February 17, 2016, 09:03:03 AM »
:) Man, I'm just glad you got things working now!  It was a shame that things didn't work out before, maybe back then, the modding for TAKEDOWN would have seen it's days... But well actually it would be a bigger shame if the problem remained unsolved! I'm at work now, I'll be checking the Tango Hunt tutorial on afternoon and keep working on my level! :)
« Last post by DarkSynopsis on February 17, 2016, 04:13:18 AM »
Right, quick tutorial on TATDMM.

1. Head to "steamapps\common\Takedown Red Sabre Early Access\TakedownGame\Config"
2. Create a folder called "TAMissionManager"
3. Create a Text File that is the same as the .umap, in my case "TA_Test.txt"
4. In this file you just want to add the line you added to the DefaultGame.ini when setting up Tango Hunt.
5. "+TangoHunt_MapNames=(MapDisplayName="TA Test",MapFile="TA_Test",MapDescription="KillHouse_desc",MapImgID="killHouse")"

6. Now when you boot up TATDMM you can click "TA_Test" and it will add the line to the DefaultGame.ini.

7. Boot up the game and enjoy.

Program was made so users didn't have to fiddle with editing .ini files all the time, so when you pack up a map you would include the .txt file, at least we was going to make it a standard for any maps we hosted here on the site.

Damn... not sure I even have the code for TATDMM O.o think its my HDD that failed :( hopefully shouldn't need any real improvements at this point, though it does show "TA_Test_TangoHunt" since I never thought about excluding it showing each game mode, would be tough to do anyway if creators don't follow the standard Takedown uses, ah well won't cause an issue.

Now I really should get some sleep, maybe tomorrow I'll boot up a second machine and see how Multiplayer goes, in the past just having a custom map in the folder seemed to break Multiplayer for any level let alone the custom map not working, another reason we never really got anything out.

No one wants to install a custom map, forget they did so and can't play Multiplayer.
« Last post by DarkSynopsis on February 17, 2016, 03:40:24 AM »
Had to try a Mesh...

« Last post by DarkSynopsis on February 17, 2016, 03:21:34 AM »
I hear ya, hard to sleep when you get into something.

I'm super frustrated at this Custom Content thing now O.o it was one thing when I couldn't get it working back at the launch of the editor but to see its working for you is boggling my mind! I had talked to one of the devs back then who didn't have much luck getting it working either and seemed to just be the buggy editor.

Hell I'm using a different machine from back then so can't even narrow it to that!

Its awesome to see a Custom Mesh in there, first thing I tried after I got that error was admin privileges.

Going back through the Log file I noticed the following

[0013.36] Log: Missing cached shader map for material TALogo_Mat, quality 0, compiling.
[0033.42] Critical: appError called: ..\Win64\UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe terminated unexpectedly! ThreadId=0
[0033.43] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[0045.50] Critical: Error reentered: ..\Win64\UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe terminated unexpectedly! ThreadId=2
[0045.50] Critical: Error reentered: ..\Win64\UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe terminated unexpectedly! ThreadId=1
[0045.50] Log: === Critical error: ===
..\Win64\UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe terminated unexpectedly! ThreadId=0

To me that looked like the game crashed due to trying to Cache the shader map using multiple cores so I headed to "Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\TakedownGame\Config" opened up the TakedownEngine.ini and changed "bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=True" to False.

And...

Ok... I'm still some what amazed since it wasn't working at first O.o renamed the material and tried again and it did... huh... shall have to find a mesh...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
anything
anything